View Single Post
Old 12-17-2008, 10:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
genrs123

Obsessing, Depressed.

weve been broken up for 7 months. but,we go to all the same places, listen to the same music, and have all the conversations we had- only hes not here! I just think about him and im constantly reminded of him. he still takes up the mental space.

im obsessed with:
what i did
why he did but no longer seems to love me
whether he is or is going to find someone who is going to make him happier who he is going to be a better man for
why it would or wouldnt work in the future

even though most days i think, was it that bad and surely- it was not as bad as the past 7 months of depression/hell that ive been going through and the result of that (failing school, having ambivolance towards the band and maybe quitting, feeling hopeless, being sad and angry at myself all- and i do mean all the time... then i get emotionally exhausted and cant do anything).

my therapist said the only way i could be so sad was to obsess about it, and i know shes right.

ive tried to set a side time to obess and move on, as recommended- but that just makes me sadder.

does anyone have any tips or suggestions how to get unstuck? how to not be so sad and miserable? i take medicine (doesnt seem to have been working and seems really irritating to keep switching about and waiting) and go to a therapist.

even in wanting to get back together with my alcolohic XBF i know i cant because i am depressed and dont love myself so i cant really date anyone. i just dont know how to change my thoughts or behavior.