Old 12-15-2008, 07:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Brandeeno

First Post: My story (1 pint in 2 sips, any suggestions)

Hello everybody,

I am extremely glad to have stumbled upon this site and have navigated and lurked on the site for about a week now.

I am 30 years old, live in Oklahoma and have been an addict/alcoholic since i can remember (maybe 12 years)

I'm single, have a 6 year old daughter(who lives with her mom) and ALWAYS need to be altered. I cannot remember the last time I got through a day without having something to curb my soberness.

I can drink a pint of vodka or whiskey in 2 sips (Could probably down it one if I really wanted to) and do this on a regular basis. When people watch me drink from the bottle they're usually in shock and I often get embarrassed because my problem is so evident. So I often times make up excuses like "I haven't done that in years" when in fact I do it on a regular basis.

Whether it's during lunch, when I'm on a job, right before a job interview, going grocery shopping, or just surfing the internet, I like to have at least a pint in my system.

If it's not hard liquor, it's wine and alot of it.

I can go days at a time and feel I can control it, but all it takes is one moment of boredom and I'm pulling up to the liquor store again. I cant even make it home from the liquor store without cracking the bottle, so I take the back route where the cops seldom go.

5 out of 7 times I drink I wake up the next morning in bed not remembering the last part of the night.

My biggest problem is that once I'm hammered, I like to go out and socialize.........so as you can guess I'm often traveling the streets at night driving my car when most people wouldnt be able to walk.

I'm currently 6 days sober.

Thank you for listening.