View Single Post
Old 12-13-2008, 06:53 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Ananda

This is my second christmas sober this time, and last year my son and i did the holiday at home.

Christmas parties are not an issue for me, but this year is going alot rougher than I expected as far as my FEAR of the approaching holiday goes....

Last year I went into the holiday in a really good place emotionally, and I met a nice man on christmas eve....so it was a really fun christmas season and drinking really never seemed an issue.

This year, I am really dreading December 24/25 with the family and then the 26 through January 5 in isolation after a possible dificult holiday due to family stress of the moment.

Frankly I haven't been dealing with it ... but I love this oportunity to think about a plan....Last year I went to a meeting every day at noon and in the evening....this year perhaps I need to make a plan for lunch with friends each day as the noon meeting will probably not be an option.

There are not that many people around between Christmas and newyears...but that is all the more reason to start looking around now for people to spend some time with then. I find that spending day after day without other adult company is a dangerous thing for me emotionally.

Thanks for giving me a heads up to look at this.