Thread: I feel lost...
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2008, 12:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
sgroy2003

I feel lost...

My dh and I have been married for 4 years. I have no doubt that he is an alcoholic. He drinks at least 5 days a week. Beer during the week, jack and coke on the weekends. We just had an episode Wednesday night where he said some things he shouldn't have said to make matters worse, he said them in front of his daughter(17). Now he is trying to shift the blame of what happened to me.

DH made the comment that I could leave and I could take his daughter with me for all he cared. He has since apologized to me but not to her because she doesn't want to talk to him. She was crying hysterically when she heard him say that and I told him to leave her alone and just go to bed. He wouldn't do it. He wanted her to tell him that she didn't want to talk to him. She's afraid of him so she wouldn't verbalize anything except to me. I repeated told him to leave her alone or we were leaving. He wouldn't stop so we left.

Now he is saying that my behavior was completely wrong and his daughter is being melodramatic. Yesterday he was sorry and wanted to apologize and the such. Today he is trying to shift the blame.

I feel so bad for her. Her mom is a piece of crap. She hasn't spoken to her daughter in 2 years. Her dad is an alcoholic who basically just said that he didn't want his daughter. Of course, now he's just saying we took it out of context. We both now that he loves his daughter and wants her there.

That's one issue I have the other is she and/or I always have to go pick him up. I understand the responsibilty of having a designated driver and him not drinking and driving. I'm glad he's not. But by her having to take him and drop him off and then pick him up, she says she feels like the parent. I can understand her point. He on the other hand says we are both dead wrong and that what he is doing is exercising responsible drinking. I don't know I feel like I'm banging my head on the wall.

SC