View Single Post
Old 12-11-2008, 02:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
mle-sober
mle-sober

Strange Morning With My Mom and Sis.

My mom confessed to me this morning that she drank too much last night and got paranoid about people stealing from her. She called up my sister and had her come over and help her look for items that she thought were missing. And then she called my dad at the office and worried and thrashed him about it (for leaving the door unlocked). And then she finally calmed down and went to bed. The next morning, she found the items she was looking for and felt all embarrassed by her behavior.

Then, after hearing this story from my mom (who also said she drinks every day but doesn't think she has a problem), we went to my sisters house to visit briefly. Well, at 11 in the morning, my sister was drunk. She said she'd given herself a "little vacation" from remodeling her house and was trying to relax by drinking some wine and watching a movie.

I'm like, "Huh?!"

These are the people in my life who've always questioned my drinking and have been so incredibly supportive of my sobriety.

I left my sister's house so freaked out. I didn't even know how to respond. My sister kept crying every time she tried to talk because her emotions were so raw from being drunk (I think).

I don't have really know why I'm telling this story. I guess just to share how surreal it was. I wonder if that's what it was like for other people when I was drunk all the time. Like it's so obvious.