View Single Post
Old 04-12-2004, 07:23 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Cap3

Hey lostinabg,here is a little from the Big Book of alcoholics anonymous.See if you can relate to what this says..Most of us have been unwilling to admit we were real alcoholics.No person likes to think he is bodily and mentally different from his fellows.Therefore it is not surprising that our drinking careers have been characterized by countless vain attempts to prove we could drink like other people.The idea that somehow someday he will control and enjoy drinking is the great obsession of every abnormal drinker.
2..the delusion that we are like other people or presently may be ,has to be...smashed.We alcoholics are people who have lost the ability to control our drinking.
3..Over any considerable period we get worse never better.
If you are a fuctioning aclcoholic you can add.. yet to fuctioning.Example..i hold a great job.You havent lost your job....yet...Remember alcohol is cunning,baffling and....powerful.It is a progressive disease...You say,i am trying to quit drinking and have been quite unsuccessful in the past...Your,own, experience is that its not working,trying to cut back,,etc......You are alcoholic if you say you are,.Only..you..know for sure.
Thanks for letting me share,,
God Bless,,take care...