View Single Post
Old 12-10-2008, 06:16 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
katie44

Hi Lila, mother of a 21 AS. I can tell you two weeks is way too early to see major changes. When they are in rehab, they are safe and protected. When he leaves there it is the real world out there and very difficult for them. The chance of relapse is there. Im sorry I dont mean to sound negative, I just know that addicts can be very manipulative and cunning. I have a 24 year old daughter and if she were to date a recovering addict I would tell her to run. You say you come from a family of addiction, yopu need to work on yourself Alanon and Naranon are wonderful support groups. Quite often when we are raised in an addict home we tend to repeat the same patterns again in our relationships. This is his journey and his recovery. AS has been in 4 rehabs each time doing wonderful, healthy, put on weight, no more lies. Once out in to the real world I saw his struggle and he relapsed sometimes it only takes once, sometimes it is a life long struggle with relapsing. You just dont know. Take care of you.