View Single Post
Old 12-06-2008, 05:02 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
rozied
rozied

Oh Marle you are so right, anytime I worked myself up he was fine & I lost sleep.
Sister, At least he is in Florida & if he has to sleep on the beach for one nite he'll be warm! Imagine if you had to think of him sleeping out in Buffalo NY or Michigan with the freezing temps & the lake effect snow. I am only kidding really.
I have been coming to SR about 2yrs now. Since coming to SR I see the kids that get clean & sober the fastest have parents that are very tough, will not rescue them, and have zero tolerance for any drugs or drug related BS. I KNOW if my parents would have only listened to me my son would be fine by now instead of being 42 and sitting in jail yet again. For way too many yrs he NEVER suffered the consequences of his own actions.
Normally you help your kids and are there if they need you BUT once drugs enter the picture you have to do a total about face...............that's hard, very hard to do BUT if you want your kids to get well it is what you have to do. Nothing else works. All the help in the world won't make a difference. It only enables them to keep using.
Please try & remember that the next time he calls & upsets you, my kids were great at doing that, and I fell for it too many times over the yrs. It did absolutely no good.
Your son is very resourceful. He will be just fine. The best thing you can do is pray for him and leave it at that.