View Single Post
Old 12-05-2008, 06:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
sistergldnhair

Sad news from the rehab

So my son has been in rehab for 2 1/2 months. Last phone call I got two weeks ago, sounded promising. He was stepping up with his assignments and behavior had changed. Yesterday I get a call that he had apparently hooked up with a bad seed there. He and the other kid, were turned in for trying to buy drugs during an outing at the beach. An intense group meeting with me on speaker phone with the counselors and his peers, happened. I am a basket case, and the other kid is discharged from the program, but my son has been given another chance, AFTER, the have temporarily dropped him off at a homeless shelter for the next 3 days. He then has to come back and basically interview to get back in. He is in Florida and I am in NY. he did check in with the counselor today like he was supposed to. I just got a call from a friend of mine. He had called her today and she talked to him for a while, and he said he was soo soo sorry and knows he screwed up. He does want to go back to the rehab, and is terrified where he is. He doesn't know where the heck in Florida he is and is afraid to step out for fear of losing his bed there.

So he just called my friend in a panic. The plan was from the counselor that he stay there until Monday morning and he will then call them, they will send someone for him, and he will go back and "interview" with them for readmission. So he called my friend and said that he just found out that he can stay only for tonight and tomorrow but on Sunday he cannot stay there. I stood my ground with him on the phone yesterday, went along with the counselor on this plan, a reality check. But now I do feel terrible. He is so scared. I know that he has never been on the street, and this is truly a reality check for him, but it does sound a bit cruel as well. He told my friend that he called the rehab and they just said, find another shelter.

I'm freaking out right now for him.