View Single Post
Old 12-04-2008, 05:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Need2QuitNow

Inches away from becoming an alcoholic

Hi, I am a well settled professional with a decent earning, a well settled life, a house, a lovely and amazingly loving wife and a daughter.

I don't like to call myself and alcoholic but I dont miss a chance to steal a drink behind my wife's back every time I can. My wife trusts me so much that initially she caught me hiding a bottle here and there, and she believed the useless excuses that I gave her. But when this kept on happening, she realized that I was fooling her and she felt so hurt that she couldnt stop crying for hours on end.

I know that alcohol is bad for me. But seeing my wife in this condition is why I want to quit drinking altogether. I just cannot breach her trust anymore. This has been going on for a while now and I think I have pushed her trust too close to the edge. Please please help me quit. I just don't want to quit drinking on weekends, I want to stop this forever.

I have become dependent on alcohol because I was a loner before I started drinking and I think I have become really friendly and social after I started drinking. I have started associating alcohol with having a good time. For me, going out means drinking.

-Thanks