View Single Post
Old 12-03-2008, 01:33 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Mariposa18

Hello Nicki~ Welcome to SR! Congratulations on your 12 Days, it will get easier day by day! Just keep posting, there is great support here.

It's Day 3 for me after a Thanksgiving setback (early sobriety, had only been 13 days before Thanksgiving Holiday) I've been a drinker on/off since I was 16, longest I've gone without a drink once I started to drink heavily in College has been 9 months (aside from both my pregnancies, in which I NEVER touched anything besides milk! lol)

The relapse I had this past weekend made me finally realize that drinking casually is not something I will be able to do. I'm also working on not overeating. It's become obvious to me that I've always tried to push my feelings aside whether with food, alcohol, or weed and I no longer wish to do that. I want to get well, not drink, and not overeat to fill the void of not drinking. I haven't smoked weed since August so that's fortunately not an issue anymore =)

I want to resolve the feelings that have caused me to drink and overeat to begin with. I know I have a long road ahead of me, but at least I will be healthy and sober~