View Single Post
Old 12-03-2008, 12:46 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
laurie6781
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

I'm going to disagree with Scott. Check with your local ER. Detoxing from opiates can be very dangerous, including seizures and possible death.

TOD is Time of Death.

As to all YOU can do for him during his detox, BULL. Print out the list above and HAND IT TO HIM. It's up to him to do it for himself or get to an ER. You are NOT RESPONSIBLE for him.

I asked him last night if he had called for his counseling appointment yet, and he lied again. Said that he "kept playing phone tag" with the therapist and "couldn't get through" when in reality, he called once, the therapist called back immediately, and then my husband never callled back.
Yep, he's still QUACKING. That is his addiction and this 'detox' is just another manipulation IMHO to keep his nice warm comfy spot in your home, instead of working on his problems. Doesn't sound like he's ready yet, just giving lip service to keep the status quo.......................................and only you can change what that status quo is or will be.

Well, I'm getting my nerve up to kick him out. I'm scared to death. Scared, sad, stressed -- you name it -- but we have a 3-year old, and I can see how all of this is affecting her, and that's the last straw.
GOOD FOR YOU. You are absolutely correct, this is not good for your child and yes it is and will continue to affect her. Children are like sponges, they absorb EVERYTHING, good vibes and bad. It is also not good for your own well being, peace of mind, and serenity. If you keep your focus on yourself and your child, I just know you will do what is best for the both of you!!!!!!

We are here for you, and we do care, please keep letting us know how YOU are doing.

Love and hugs,