View Single Post
Old 12-03-2008, 08:39 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
ex D-Boy
Mr.MeToo?

Originally Posted by saartje View Post
What does TOD mean?

Also, I've heard that detoxing from alcohol is not safe, but my husband has detoxed from opiates a few times now? Is that just as unsafe? He's freaking miserable (and a pain in the rear) to be around, and I'm also wondering how long that typically goes on.

He was using the whole month of October, quit more or less cold turkey around Veteran's Day (9/10, 9/11, something like that), but he's still complaining about terrible headaches, sweats, and achiness. I'm kind of suspicious, simply because I thought he went through the worst of it a few weeks ago. Last night, he crashed from the time he got home from work around 4:30 and didn't really wake up until this morning. Could that still be detoxing-related, as he says, or something else.....?
my gut is telling me that he is still using. opiate detox varies for what type of opiate they are using. you didnt mention what type he relapsed on but ive been addicted to basically all of them and heres a rough chart of how long they all lasted for me ::

Oxycontin (6 80mg pills daily for 1 and a half years) : withdrawal usually set in around 8 hours from my last use. peaked around 48 hours in (the worst of the w/d was at this period) and subsided around day 6. at day 8 i remember feeling fully better (physically not mentally but no sickness at all was left)

Heroin (2 bundles IV per day for 1 year) : withdrawal set in around 24 hours from last use. peaked 60 hours in, and subsided around day 8. by the 10th day i felt fully functional and not dependent on dope anymore.

so while it DOES depend on what type of opiate hes using, bynow any type of withdrawal from any opiate (even methadone the longest withdrawal that there is, should be over HAD he not used any since vets day)

sorry to say this but my gut is telling me that he has definitely used since vets day if he is still complaining about all the symptoms...hope i am wrong ~~ scott