View Single Post
Old 12-03-2008, 08:32 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
ex D-Boy
Mr.MeToo?

tod means time of death. i am also a fellow opiate addict saartje, who has detoxed at home more times than he can count and while it is very painful and uncomfortable it really isnt life threatining. eventhough his body will be shouting to him that if he doesnt get some more dope // oxys or whatever his opiate choice is that he will die its simply not true.

Over the years i developed some great tips for at home detox.

-Make sure he drinks lots of water and gatorade. no soda as soda has sugar and it will give him a bit of a sugar rush then a crash(while this isnt a big deal to people who are normal, to somebody detoxing it will make them very depressed when the crash comes)

-stick with crackers and goldfish, lipton soups and such for the first few days. Light things so thta his stomach can easily digest it and he wont be throwing it right back up within 5 minutes of getting it down.

- tylenol pm(vicks nyquil works good also) at night will probably get him an extra 40 minutes of sleep than he normally would get so i suggest having him take that. I used to use xanax bars to try and get to sleep but i wouldnt recommend this because most of the time i was just a slurring half awake mess while on them because i would take so many trying to fall asleep. so just stick with the OTC stuff like tyelnol or even unisom.

- for the bone aches make sure he gets in the jacuzzi(if you guys got one) or just a hot bath(hot shower if you dont have a bath but he probably wont wanna do the shower cus he will have to stand up for the shower and he will have no energy at all to do that) just let him sit and soak in the hot water for 30 - to 60 minutes. This will ease his muscles and bones where it will be easy for him to fall asleep. I used to take like 4 hot baths a night the first few nights of detox.

- for entertainment heh..not really much that can be said for this one as he will think pretty much everything you suggest is "dull" i just sat in my room watching dvds and sportscenter.

-- make sure he has plenty of tissues clean towels and clean clothes to use. really helps the person detoxing feel more comfortable if they have clean clothes. keep a bucket near his bed as well(you dont wanna be cleaning up throwup off the carpet or floor i dont think)

-- also one very important thing , i know every addict is different and the dopesickness affects each person in different ways but for me, around the 2nd night or 3rd morning the sickness would start to subside a bit (i wasnt feeling better but i was not deatly ill anymore) and i would start to get real anxious and tons of energy (feeling of wanting to crawl outta your skin) and this is usually the point i would always be off and running to the dealer. so to avoid this maybe you wanna take his bankcard / credit cards / any cash he has laying around // phone just to be safe. i know he is a grown man but during detox hes basically reverted back to a helpless infant.

hope some of that helped and remember to tell him that this is the LAST time he ever has to go through this. stay safe ~~ scott