Old 12-02-2008, 06:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
marle

Her refusal to take a drug test is the smoking gun. Forcing the issue will create a lot of drama, but so will living with an active addict. I can't have that front row seat and so when my daughter came home to live after rehab and a halfway house and broke my rules by drinking, she was asked to leave. She found an apartment within a week and we have a much better relationship. Your daughter will find somewhere to live if you decide that she can't live with you. Right now you are providing her with a nice soft place to live and she is using drugs. She will not go willingly as long as she has those nice accomodations. You could give her a timeline to move. I gave my daughter 30 days and like I said she was out in a week. Your relationship with her will continue to deteriorate even if you are working a program because you will find that you will not be able to put up with her using and living with you. You will want to set boundaries to protect yourself and an addict will just walk all over those boundaries. Hugs to you and welcome to SR. Marle