View Single Post
Old 12-01-2008, 09:35 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Franticwife

Originally Posted by Stubborn1 View Post
I don't know how old you are but you should report him to DCF. This cycle has to stop with you. Bob Dylan isn't so bad if listened to in the right way. If he is hurting you then you need to talk to someone.
OMG! That Bob Dylan certainly has a lot to answer for. MY AH's binges centre on Bob Dylan's music - he's totally obsessive about him! Friday and Sat nights are the worst - he comes home from work, sends me to the bedroom ('cause I'm pretty well over BD), puts the BD videos on and starts drinking and doesn't really stop until Sunday night. If I protest he goes into a terrible rage and nearly wrecks the house (not me yet, luckily). We have lost nearly all our friends and can't go anywhere 'cause he has embarrassed me so many times (the Bob Dylan concerts were the worst - I'm never going to another one with him!). And just recently he flew into one of his rages in front of my sister and her friends - I nearly died from the humiliation. My sister was terrified by the look in his eyes.

His son has also banned him from seeing his new granddaughter because he "doesn't want a drunk around her". So that depresses him and he drinks more. His mother is the only person he will listen to but she won't help 'cause she's in total denial and thinks I'm making things up.

Lots more to say, but I'll spare you all - it's just that the "Bob Dylan" reference jumped out at me!