Thread: Diary entry.
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2008, 11:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Mavis

Diary entry.

I haven't been here a while. But I have been thinking of everyone on this forum. I am sharing this diary entry to everyone who gave me the inspiring wisdom I needed to change the things I needed to, in my life. And also, to give a little hope to those who are just starting out in this forum and are wondering what I wondered, just a couple short years ago...

Dear Diary -Aug, 20, 08.

It was about last week. Everything was falling apart around me and I had no money. No job. No faith. I put (my son) to bed then lost control of my tears.
I don't prey often. I'm not religious and for the most part I feel like I can handle any storm on my own. But not last week. I asked who ever it was that was listening to me, to get me in school. Thats all I ask. Crying and grasping on to sanity, I begged some sort of higher power to just give me one thing; the only thing Ill need and ask for again: a second chance at school.

I can't afford just any job. Hell, I'm about to loose my car and never afford to pay rent even. My chest hurt. My eyes hurt. My tears were running low.
Then I fell asleep.

Yesterday, at yet another attempt, I call the college. "What's the status with my application?" loosing my mind under the limbo game, the secretary tells me that she can not give me any personal information over the phone, but she did tell me that I was expectiong a letter in the mail.
"A good letter?"
"Thank you very much" and I hung up the phone.
When would I be expecting this letter? Tomorrow? the day after?
"good letter..."
That could mean anything. No, there's no way. Then the tears came and I couldn't help but feel loved that very moment.
Ask, and you shall recieve.

I am now registered at college for September.
Social Work.
I'm overwhelmed with gratitude.
Loss of words at times.
He didn't forget about me....

It's been a few months and my grade point average is 3.7.
Life is nothing like I imagined it would be...