Diary entry.

Old 11-30-2008, 11:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Diary entry.

I haven't been here a while. But I have been thinking of everyone on this forum. I am sharing this diary entry to everyone who gave me the inspiring wisdom I needed to change the things I needed to, in my life. And also, to give a little hope to those who are just starting out in this forum and are wondering what I wondered, just a couple short years ago...

Dear Diary -Aug, 20, 08.

It was about last week. Everything was falling apart around me and I had no money. No job. No faith. I put (my son) to bed then lost control of my tears.
I don't prey often. I'm not religious and for the most part I feel like I can handle any storm on my own. But not last week. I asked who ever it was that was listening to me, to get me in school. Thats all I ask. Crying and grasping on to sanity, I begged some sort of higher power to just give me one thing; the only thing Ill need and ask for again: a second chance at school.

I can't afford just any job. Hell, I'm about to loose my car and never afford to pay rent even. My chest hurt. My eyes hurt. My tears were running low.
Then I fell asleep.

Yesterday, at yet another attempt, I call the college. "What's the status with my application?" loosing my mind under the limbo game, the secretary tells me that she can not give me any personal information over the phone, but she did tell me that I was expectiong a letter in the mail.
"A good letter?"
"Thank you very much" and I hung up the phone.
When would I be expecting this letter? Tomorrow? the day after?
"good letter..."
That could mean anything. No, there's no way. Then the tears came and I couldn't help but feel loved that very moment.
Ask, and you shall recieve.

I am now registered at college for September.
Social Work.
I'm overwhelmed with gratitude.
Loss of words at times.
He didn't forget about me....

It's been a few months and my grade point average is 3.7.
Life is nothing like I imagined it would be...
Old 12-01-2008, 02:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Oh Mavis, I am so happy for you and so please your prayers were answered.

It's amazing how, when we ask, our needs are met, not always in the way we request but most definitely in the way we need most.

Thank you for this ray of inspiration to begin my day
Old 12-01-2008, 05:42 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Your words are much like mine have been over the last year. I believe with all of my heart that the reason i am going through this is because my HP wants me to learn that I do need help and cant get through this without His help and others. I have always been so capable and always took care of myself - I didnt need anyone and i could fix anything. Well, after this year I've learned that I do need help and that i cannot do it alone. when i finally cried out in desperation and admitted that I cannot handle everything alone, things finally fell into place and help came from some of the most unexpected places.

I look at it like a child trying to do something for the first time. They keep pushing their parent away saying "i can do it alone" "i dont need your help" - so the parent allows them to try on their own knowing that they havent learned how to do this task. Until the child cries out "I cant do it - i need help" the parent will not help. Once they do cry out for help the parent immediately steps in and provides what the child needs.
Old 12-01-2008, 07:11 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Mavis, I'm glad you shared your diary entry with us.

You're letting in the blessings. I wish you all the best.

Nea
Old 12-01-2008, 07:26 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
rozied

(((Mavis)))
Many yrs ago when I was breaking up with my ex husband I asked for a 2nd chance at school. I always wanted to be a nurse. After graduating HS I went to Nursing School but quit after 6 mts to get a job so I could marry my ex. During the next few yrs I managed to go back for my LPN but I really wanted my RN and my BS. Well I was accepted into college for that very yr and after 4 yrs graduated with honors.
God is always faithful.
Old 12-01-2008, 11:38 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

Mavis,
You are an inspiration!
AND a 3.7 GPA? Holy cow, you're one smart cookie!

I'm doing a happy dance for you.

Hugs...

and Mavis, keep posting.
You sure can help someone pick theirself up
when they're down and out.