View Single Post
Old 11-29-2008, 08:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
cece1960
Forum Leader

Practicing Detachment

I have entered a new phase of detachment, I think.
When I first began to try and understand what it meant to me, I felt as if abandonment and detachment were too similar for it to feel comfortable. I've come a long way, but I still struggle with day to day thoughts on the subject.

This past week I was blessed in having the opportunity to make an escape to a beautiful place with sunrises, a bay view and good company. As always, I had those fleeting "what if?" thoughts concerning not just my AS, but my other loved ones as well. On one particular good day I told myself (out loud) "Remember this moment, remember this day"

I'm home now, and have decided to keep that thought with me.

I have many, many blessing in my life. Moving forward, I hope to keep that thought in the forefront of every one of my days...I am blessed, and can live a blessed life if I let myself.

I don't pretend there will be no bad days, but I will not live in fear of them, or waste away the good waiting for them.

And, I am more than happy to share my good with my loved ones, should they care to join me...as I hope they will. This is the most important part of this learning experience for me...the realization that its up to them not me. And that the "happier" I am, the better role model I am.

I am blessed to have all of you walking with me.