View Single Post
Old 11-29-2008, 10:31 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
LizzieBee

Thanks for your reply.
In reply to your questions, yes I am financially independent although we were living together I had been advised not to combine our finances, despite this he still manged to drain me somewhat, but financially I will cope thankfully.
In regards to family and friends this isn't easy, my family doesn't live in the same city and my friends seem to have deserted me. the only support I am getting at the moment is from his best friend, although I am grateful as I need someone I don't trust him entirely. My daughter is 4 and thankfully for her another mans, she has severe special needs and requires a lot of time and physical strength, which is going to be extremely hard as the pregnancy progresses. My daughter's father is wonderful and we share parenting but he is doing all is possible.
I have only been with my boyfriend for 8 months we I hadn't been together long before we got pregnant, when I met him I didn't realise the extent of his alcohol/drug abuse. I thought he was just a party boy at the time this wasn't really a problem as I was just having fun, then I got pregnant and he promised me to stick by me. It didn't take me long to realise he is an alcoholic and has a drug problem, I confronted him eventually he got help and for a short time he was ok, then he relapsed, tried to stop again and the cycle continues. Everytime he didn't get his way he would drink blaming everyone but himself. He is divorced already and has three kids whom live with their Mum is another city, he sees them rarely. He believes his twin daughters aged 8 hate him (another excuse to drink), his son aged 6 on the other hand adores his Dad and did live with him for a few months until he treated him so badly his Mother took him back.
I wish I had taken notice of all the signs at the beginning but he was so charming and I was terribly lonely and vulnerable. I have self esteem issues and have an unhealthy relationship with drugs and alcohol myself, he is probably not the best person for me.
I don't cope well with pregnancy the hormones seem to push me over the top, he also blames my mood swings for his drinking.
I am really scared as I just can't see a way to handle this pregnancy/baby without him and its hurts to realise it is more important for him to drink than be with me. He has left me was someone who shares his lifestyle and won't nag him. He claims he still loves me and maybe he does in his own way. I know it is a disease but it still doesn't numb the pain.
Thanks again for your reply I will look at the suggested posts.