Old 11-28-2008, 05:00 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
beingjenagain
ever closer...

I have blackouts that still haunt me to this day. As i work on my personal inventory and my amends I have been able to let go of many of them. Unfortunetly we will never know the real story and it sounds like your BF could use this against you. I think you said he drinks to excess also so he may just be covering his blackouts with your memories. I remember my DH (not alcoholic just would try to keep up with me) getting in fights with me and in the morning simply remembering we were mad at each other but not really knowing why. Kick him to the curb and start fresh, if he is holding it over head then the heck with him!
Can you tell the court you were blacked out? and now you are sober? It sounds completely embarrasing and humiliating but you wouldn't be the first nor the last. You are not as unique as you think
You just have to let go of what happened before and move foward. We can't change our poor behavior but we can live and learn from it. As your sobriety increases you will learn that those things are just that...the Past!