View Single Post
Old 11-24-2008, 03:55 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
David69

Jenny.....listen to what has been said so far. This is NOT your fault on ANY level. Your husband makes the choice of alcohol over your relationship each and every time he puts it above you and your daughter. Me being the drinker in my marriage helps me understand where the fault sits...and it is not with you. Those of us who drink know how to get what we want. When my spouse did not want me to drink or go out (even though I rarely went out) I could easily get an argument going which would then provide me the freedom to get out of the house and do what I wanted. If we were arguing she would not stop me from leaving.....job accomplished! I could then go drink and get my fix (this works whether I left or drank at home). Your current position is a VERY difficult one and I will not try to paint over that fact. You have a LOT of people here who went or are going through the same thing you are and could probably provide some better advice.

The one thing that did work for me is me! I tried many times for my wife, for my children to quit or at least get under control....it would eventually fail, always. The only way it can work is when the person with the problem is ready to realize they have a problem and make a change.

I wish you the best and hope this works out for you and yours.