View Single Post
Old 11-24-2008, 12:20 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
lisa t

hi nicki,
i too had the sleepless nights in the beginning of sobriety but it does pass with time. since becoming sober in january 07, i have had more good nights sleep than i think i've had since i was a baby. even when i was drinking i never got a good nights sleep...i would pass out for sure, but somewhere around 2 or 3 am i'd be awake with my mind racing worrying about all of awful things i had done when drinking and how i couldn't seem to take care of the daily tasks, cooking, cleaning, working, paying the bills and trying to fix all of my problems in the middle of the night. i don't do that anymore. i am now for the first time many years a productive, happy member of society and i take full responsibility every day for all of my life! the best part for me besides no hangovers, no puking, no lying is that i remember everything i do in a given day and i now have the high self esteem that everyone looking in always thought i had, i was great actress when i was drinking, but it was all an illusion. you are in the right place and you are doing the right thing! keep coming back! you are in my thoughts & prayers! please send me a private messg if you have any questions or need help with anything...i'm here for you!
in love & peace,
Lisa