View Single Post
Old 11-23-2008, 08:18 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
loner1968

I know about the visions of him having the perfect life..you know...because he TOLD me he was. And rubbed it in my face all the great things he was doing with HER and all the fun they were having and all the things they had. All fake! just a way to try to convince himself that he's better off. I'm so glad I saw through it all. People on here told me that alcoholics only get worse and for a long time I didn't believe it was always true. I knew he went to Florida and got a truck and had dinner in fancy places. I later realized that it was what I call champagne taste on a beer budget. Oh well...now I know and I don't bother keeping track of him or thinking about his great life with some drunk woman who is "better" than I am, whatever. I have no desire to live like that.
It's normal to feel like you have been abandoned. Its stinks, but it's normal. Just think about yourself and don't abandon yourself like I did. I didn't care about anything. I became a zombie. I don't even know how I got through the first year. I hope you find peace sooner than I did. I didn't find this site for a long time after he left so I had no idea that I was not alone.