View Single Post
Old 11-22-2008, 12:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
cessy68

Good afternoon....

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum, and have no idea on how to "post messages" etc. I have reviewed some of the posts on this site and decided to join. I need some help/support with my situation. I currently live with my boyfriend. We have been together for three plus yrs. We have had numerous fights etc. about his "partying". I now know that his "partying" has escalated into using oxycodone. He says he is willing to get help- but would only do so if he could go to a physican privatly- and had me call our doctor. I don't know if he will follow up and go- but his battle with addiction is beyond hell for me. I am attempting to let go. However, the detatchment thing I've read about isn't working. I feel that I just have to end our relationship. I can not continue to be consumed with praying, crying, hopeing, that things will go back to normal. They haven't. and I don't truely believe they ever will. I love the man with all my heart, but I can not just live with him and "do my own thing". I'd rather just be alone. I don't really know how to explain that, I hope it does not sound selfish. Cocaine and alcohol are "easy for him" to quit- this is what he says.... it's the pills that he can't stop. Please, how ridicoulous does this sound?? If it were so easy, he wouldn't be using any of them. I want to pretend @ times the problem dosen't exist, but especially since the pills started- he has changed, he is not the same man. I just have become emotionally exhausted waiting for the man I used to know to show up.
Thank you for listening.
Take care,
Cess