Notices

Good afternoon....

Old 11-22-2008, 12:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Good afternoon....

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum, and have no idea on how to "post messages" etc. I have reviewed some of the posts on this site and decided to join. I need some help/support with my situation. I currently live with my boyfriend. We have been together for three plus yrs. We have had numerous fights etc. about his "partying". I now know that his "partying" has escalated into using oxycodone. He says he is willing to get help- but would only do so if he could go to a physican privatly- and had me call our doctor. I don't know if he will follow up and go- but his battle with addiction is beyond hell for me. I am attempting to let go. However, the detatchment thing I've read about isn't working. I feel that I just have to end our relationship. I can not continue to be consumed with praying, crying, hopeing, that things will go back to normal. They haven't. and I don't truely believe they ever will. I love the man with all my heart, but I can not just live with him and "do my own thing". I'd rather just be alone. I don't really know how to explain that, I hope it does not sound selfish. Cocaine and alcohol are "easy for him" to quit- this is what he says.... it's the pills that he can't stop. Please, how ridicoulous does this sound?? If it were so easy, he wouldn't be using any of them. I want to pretend @ times the problem dosen't exist, but especially since the pills started- he has changed, he is not the same man. I just have become emotionally exhausted waiting for the man I used to know to show up.
Thank you for listening.
Take care,
Cess
Old 11-22-2008, 12:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Cess,

Welcome!

You might like to check out the Friends and Families forums on this board where you will find lots of support.
Old 11-22-2008, 12:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

thank you- I just realized I was in the wrong section- sorry. I feel like an idiot...
I appreciate your reply.
Best,
Cess
Old 11-22-2008, 12:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Cess, welcome to SR. Have you tried alanon, it is a graet place to meet people living your life. Also post on family and friends side...there you will get alot of people that can connect with you...God bless and keep posting, it helps reading and posting here for starters.