View Single Post
Old 11-22-2008, 09:14 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Hangin' In
Southern through and through

Tanznite,

Welcome to the board. I hope you'll stick around and continue to read and post.

Let me preface my comments by saying you are reading from the EX Queen of Worry right here. NO ONE could have worried more than I did.

Please try to find some Al Anon or Nar Anon meetings in your area. Your recovery is just as important as your AD's. Meetings will help TREMENDOUSLY if you give them a chance ... go to at least 6 meetings before giving up on them. The only way I "got better" was by adding face to face meetings to my life along with reading on this board. There are people in those meetings who are going through the same thing. Their story might not be exactly like yours, but the solutions are very much the same. And it helped me so much to have real live people to talk to, to call, to see on a regular basis, to bounce questions off of.

Hugs and prayers because I know how tough this is. I had a RAD living with me at one time and it was so difficult to stay out of her recovery. Al Anon helped me learn how to do that and gave me the courage to actually do it. Today worry is practically gone from my life. And when worry does try to creep in, Al Anon/the 12 step program has given me tools with which to fight it off.

Hugs,
Hangin' In