Thread: No Hangover
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2008, 02:11 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
psuge47

Its day 13 and Im going strong. I went to my normal watering hole tonight that has consumed so much of my time the last 8 or so years. I drank a pitcher if Iced tea and hung out by the front door helping my buddy bounce the rowdy folks, which a couple weeks ago i was one of them.

I do have to say it was kind of therapy to go to "my spot" hang out with my friends so it doesn't feel like I am missing out on anything and watch and listen to everyone get hammered.

I was very annoyed by the drunk, obnoxious, constantly repeating themselves people that thought I was interested in what they had to say tonight.Two weeks ago, that was me. WOW! I had to apologize to my sober friends that work there because now I know what I put them through. I didn't even have an urge to drink and I have been pounding drinks for the last 17 years like a rock star.

I know the bar scene so soon may not be a good Idea for some but it is making me realize that I was truly wasting hours upon hours of what I thought was fun sitting at a bar all night getting hammered accomplishing absolutely nothing but swelling the liver and making bad decisions.