View Single Post
Old 11-20-2008, 09:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
2INADSEREH

Thumbs up Oxycodone addiction for pain

I just want to let everone out there who is taking oxycodone for pain and have been taking it for a year, or more, to please find it in your every being to detox off the stuff. I had 3 ankle surgeries in 18 months and was given more and more of the devil drug. It always seemd to me that I needed more and more and the doctors didn't hesitate to give me more. I was up to 18 oxycodone and 2 morphene a day after my last surgery on Aug 26th of this year. Well last week my doctor decided to cut me off and so I went to detox. I was so scared because I didn't think I could deal with the pain in my ankles. I had my first surgery in june of 2007 so I have been on crutches for 17 months.
I went to detox on monday the 17th of November. It was the hardest thing I have ever done in my life. I had help from the people at the detox and several of the councelors had been there before. I struggled through the first night and the second night it got a little better. I was finally able to go home wednesday which was earlier than expected but I talked to all the councelors to make sure I was making the right choice. It was so nice to be home and believe it or not I am not in pain. This whole time that freakin oxycodone was causing the pain. I am now able to take advil or tylnol for my pain and it goes away. Now that is something I thought would never be possible. I am actually walking without crutches and feel like my life has a whole new beginning. Thank GOD for DETOX........ Please think about it cause I am living proof that oxycodone was causing the pain.

Thanks for listening Danielle