Notices

Oxycodone addiction for pain

Old 11-20-2008, 09:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thumbs up Oxycodone addiction for pain

I just want to let everone out there who is taking oxycodone for pain and have been taking it for a year, or more, to please find it in your every being to detox off the stuff. I had 3 ankle surgeries in 18 months and was given more and more of the devil drug. It always seemd to me that I needed more and more and the doctors didn't hesitate to give me more. I was up to 18 oxycodone and 2 morphene a day after my last surgery on Aug 26th of this year. Well last week my doctor decided to cut me off and so I went to detox. I was so scared because I didn't think I could deal with the pain in my ankles. I had my first surgery in june of 2007 so I have been on crutches for 17 months.
I went to detox on monday the 17th of November. It was the hardest thing I have ever done in my life. I had help from the people at the detox and several of the councelors had been there before. I struggled through the first night and the second night it got a little better. I was finally able to go home wednesday which was earlier than expected but I talked to all the councelors to make sure I was making the right choice. It was so nice to be home and believe it or not I am not in pain. This whole time that freakin oxycodone was causing the pain. I am now able to take advil or tylnol for my pain and it goes away. Now that is something I thought would never be possible. I am actually walking without crutches and feel like my life has a whole new beginning. Thank GOD for DETOX........ Please think about it cause I am living proof that oxycodone was causing the pain.

Thanks for listening Danielle
Old 11-20-2008, 10:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Cool

Let US also, ALL, remember, that........

"...I just want to let everone out there who is taking oxycodone for pain and have been taking it for a year, or more, to please find it in your every being to detox off the stuff... I am living proof that oxycodone was causing the pain...:

......what is true for one may not be true for 'everyone' ....and

.....a body's mere dependence on a drug does NOT an 'ADDICT' make, or we'd have to be detoxing all the cancer patients off their meds too.....

NoelleR
Old 11-20-2008, 10:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
My name is alcoholic&Im a Walt

Originally Posted by NoelleR View Post
Let US also, ALL, remember, that........

"...I just want to let everone out there who is taking oxycodone for pain and have been taking it for a year, or more, to please find it in your every being to detox off the stuff... I am living proof that oxycodone was causing the pain...:

......what is true for one may not be true for 'everyone' ....and

.....a body's mere dependence on a drug does NOT an 'ADDICT' make, or we'd have to be detoxing all the cancer patients off their meds too.....

NoelleR
THANKS FOR SAYING THAT!!!!
Old 11-20-2008, 10:55 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Welcome 2INADSEREH!!

Thanks for sharing your story with us!!

:ghug