View Single Post
Old 11-19-2008, 10:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
bloodshoteyes

Question Alcoholic in love with a drinker

Hi all,

I am brand-spanking new here. I won't go in to detail about my history right now -- I will share in another thread -- but I have a simple, yet serious question: Can a recovering alcoholic be with a drinker?

I adore my common law --we very much love each other -- this has been proven time after time when I have gone over the edge with drink. However, we both know that our drinking styles are different; he can have a few beers after work but give me the same beer and I will/won't/can't stop at three. if this was the case, I would become irritable, resentful, and feeling only half full...so to speak. A

I know I have a problem, he knows I have a problem, and I am going to try my best to end my drinking career! I am concerned over the fact he will remain a drinker. Can I still help myself and be around someone who drinks?
Have any of you been in this situation?

I would appreciate all the feedback you can give me, be it harsh, blunt, or inspiring. I DO NOT want to give up my relationship with my love, but I need to hear your stories and opinions, and experience to better enable me to start this journey.:praying