View Single Post
Old 11-18-2008, 08:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
tyates

Can't overcome weekend drinking

Hi again. It's been awhile since my last post. Trying to stay sober on a consistent basis. Sometimes I can make it through the week without a drink but more than often I give in to the temptation on the weekends. I usually only drink in the evenings, but sometimes I get a early start if I'm really bored. I feel that part of them problem is that I relocated to a new city so I don't have a social circle I can kick it with. I hate to say it, but if it wasn't for alcohol, Fri-Sat evenings would really be depressing and boring. With a few drinks, I'm perfectly content at home watching tv or cooking.

I went to evening AA meetings during the weekends but it just made me more depressed going back home with nothing really exciting to look forward to. Tried a few meetup.com get togethers, but none of them meet on a regular basis and the one's that I was interested in were only held during the daytime.

I do have hobbies that I enjoy doing on the weekends, but nothing that can be done during the evening hours. I'd like to be able to just relax at home during the weekend evenings but I find that boredom sets in and next thing I know I'm heading to the nearby liquor store.