View Single Post
Old 11-17-2008, 05:50 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
GottaLoveIt

Day 1 or 0 and counting

I am just starting my efforts to get off of oxyxontin-er (60mg) and upto 30 mg oxycodone for a total of 90mg per day. I am really scared but after reading, and reading, and reading, I'm gonna try it.
I was hurt in an accident that broke my neck a few years ago and since then I have been taking a lot of different meds. The doc told me I would never be an addict, but could become habituated to it. Well, I have news for her, my body thinks I'm an addict!
I never had the urge to get high and still don't. I guess I should be grateful for that, but Im not sure it has bought me anything.
As I said I am real scared and am here looking for support as I attempt to go through it. Stopped taking the oxycontin yesterday which reduced my dosing from 90mg to 30 and I felt the w/d as soon as I came due for my next dose. From a couple of people i read, the fact that I didn't stop completely immediately means that all of that pain and agony over the past 1.5 days has been for nothing???? Oh I sure hope not. I am trying to do this w/o going to a doctor, or even telling my wife. I am off working and am able to take a few days off.
Is this smart? I really want my life back. I have never liked this stuff and I simply want my old life back. My wife said my temperment changed so much after the accident (less patient) and I am hoping I can get back to myself for the holidays. Its been so long.
Looking for your support!
God Bless!