Thread: Update
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2008, 02:28 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
marle

Looks like the boyfriend is not making any money and Megan is buying all the gas and paying the bills. She told me that she told him today get a job or get out. I know this to be true because since she started dating him 5 weeks ago he has only gone to work 3 times. He is not an addict but is so insecure that he wants to be with her 24/7. When she came over I just told her that we are not in a position to help and she told me that was okay because she really does want to make it on her own. At about this time a slip fell out of her bag and it was a purchase for a $40 bottle of tanning lotion that she made today. So I think it is more of a case of spending foolishly than not having the money. She has at least 5 bottles of expensive tanning lotion that she bought when she was living with us so I know she does not need a new one. She just said that it has been a long time since she bought anything for herself. Well, kid, join the crowd. If I had $40 it would not be spent on tanning lotion. But then I am not a 22 year old recovering addict with the mentality of someone who is 18 Hugs and thanks to all who posted. I see we lost the thanks button. Marle