Thread: Update
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2008, 06:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
marle

Update

I believe my daughter is using again. We all know the signs; missing money, unexplained one minute phone calls to an unknown number, avoiding seeing me and when she does she avoids the direct eye contact, not looking bright and perky, etc. etc. She called last night and wants me to take her to Family Independence Agency so that she can get help paying the rent and her bills. Says not to tell the boyfriend because he might not understand. Also I know that in the last two weeks she had made $800, enough to pay her bills, pay for her hair, tanning, cigarettes, etc. Yet she says that she spent most of it on stupid stuff. She is coming over today because she wants to figure out what to do. She will be surprised when mommy does not have the answers she is looking for-as in a bailout. Sorry, no money here honey. The one thing that I know is that we gave her a way to stay clean this summer when we helped with rehab. She has the tools. So no guilt here. She will say we are her parents and we should help her out. We will say we are helping by letting her figure out her life by herself. And on it goes Hugs, Marle