View Single Post
Old 11-11-2008, 02:04 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
greeteachday
Administrator

I was in a similar situation although the biological father's family had nothing to do with it. It opened my eyes to the fact that he was in lust, not love. Love to me does not make such threats and even though I was young and still trying to understand the world, I got that pretty quickly. Although at the time I had little more than a minimum wage job, I did have parents who loved me and were supportive. I have never regretted my decision and I would tell my own daughter the same. We had some tough times financially for a few years, but we had some of the best times of my life too. Love isn't measured by a bank statement.

The decision is all her's and I too believe that it comes down to what her heart and head feel is best for her. Personally, I think none of the 3 options should be considered based on him, but I know I am judging him and his parents...I wish I was a good enough person not to do that, but I'm still a work in progress. I'm sorry you are hurting Lois...it is very hard not to be when our kids hurt. Hugs and prayers for both of you.