View Single Post
Old 11-09-2008, 07:36 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
vegibean

Originally Posted by BeamMeUpScotty View Post
This is just my opinion, so take it as you like. Sometimes there can be too much of a good thing. It seems like you are obsessing with AA and its program specifically, and recovery in general. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad it is helping you and you aren't drinking, but the little I read suggests to me you have to try to relax a bit more and find something simple to enjoy in life so you aren't always thinking about not drinking--if you understand what I mean.

For example, I can't actually tell you what "day" I'm on right now (I know it's after 100, but before 120) and I'm happy about that. For me it represents the fact that I'm aware of my situation, but it's not going to control me. Also, my counselor switched my sessions from once a week to once every other week. As she said to me, "we're in maintenance mode."

I agree that getting some exercise is a great idea. Even just taking quiet walks is a great release.

I think going to AA is great if it helps you, but you shouldn't do it excessively to the detriment of developing/rediscovering other areas of your life--in my opinion.

Good luck to you.

BMUS
Agree with Scotty too. I know that when I'm feeling frustrated some nice quiet time is what is great for me. Hang in there girl, you can do this!!!