View Single Post
Old 11-08-2008, 08:36 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
four812

I'm glad that you didn't drink. it will feel better later. right now things are tough.

when I get uncomfortable my habit has been to use. now when i get uncomfortable (anxiety, fear, lonliness, etc) I try to really feel the feeling. to sit with it. to quiet my mind. and to be with the discomfort.

but sometimes i just can't quiet my mind. just seems nothing will stop it. it is then that i have to hang on. it happened a couple times this past week. I hung on. but i didn't use either. i went to a meeting. i called people. i put my ipod on loud. and i tried to help someone else. then, later, the pain was gone--and then i kept working at recovery.

i'm only on my 26 th day....i'm building my foundation. i don't know how long it will take to "build a foundation"...or when I have to let go and move into the next phase of my life, but until then i am building my foundation. my only goal is to stay clean and all the rest is Structure.

anyway thanks for your post and for sharing your difficulties with us. it helps because then i know that i am not the only one with difficulties inside of my head.