View Single Post
Old 10-28-2008, 10:50 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
lovesmenot74

I'm sure I'm also one of those people - I know I'm stuck and I know I obsess quite a bit about things I can't change but wish I could. I also know that I'm just that kind of person - I need to wallow and really get into and feel what I'm feeling in order to move past it - some things keep me in "that place" for a lot longer than other things but I know that if I try to move past things before I'm ready, they only come back to bite me in the butt later on and I crash, BIG TIME.

I find this forum a wonderful support and a good place for me to vent and obsess and rehash things that I cannot explore with anyone in my physical presence - this is my safe haven and I'm sure it is for a lot of people.

I'm sure that it must be frustrating for people who have been where we are to see some of us stuck and not able to move forward - I can relate those feelings to watching my exabf self-destruct and wanting to shake him until he got it and moved forward and dealt with his issues - but in the end, we all have our own way of dealing with things and our own pace that allows us to move forward - sometimes it's a lot slower than others would like it to be for us ... I'm sure no one here enjoys seeing anyone stuck in the same pain week after week ... but i can say from my own experience that while it may not seem as though I'm moving forward - without this forum and the ability to obsess and rehash my feelings over and over, I would probably be in a mental facility right now. My progress may not be evident in my postings on the forum, but it is measurable to me - I've gone from crying almost the entire day, to periods of sadness and crying - which to some, may not seem like much, but when you're grasping at straws, you'll take what you can get and be thankful for it ...

I for one am hanging onto this forum for dear life ....

*hugz*