View Single Post
Old 10-26-2008, 09:09 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
sassyserenity

Thanks for this post! I am 98 days sober but decided to start dating. Funny thing is I met another person in recovery (not in AA) but think he is only a dry drunk. Has had relapses since we have started dating...not on alcohol but on other substances. Great! I said just exchange one addiction for another...I am sure that will work! Our bottems are so different. The things I like about him are he does bible study with his Mom, the majority of the people at his work are in recovery, he prays, he loves his children and knows he is a better person sober. He is extremely honest and always tells me about his mistakes...even if the actual event comes in episodes. For instance, this last relapse was over an injured knee. He took some oxycotin he got from a friend. No bought from a friend. Took one pill for three days. No scrapped of the the top layer of the pill and smashed and snorted it for a better high. Great high the first day, not so good the second and just felt plain ****** by the third. I knew there was something wrong and he admitted it right away but how the story comes to an end took a week. He knows it was a bad idea. I guess why I am posting this is because I haven't even tried dating a normie yet. Crazy of the 5 people I have met over the last 6 weeks 3 don't drink. They have showed me I can have fun in sobriety at least. That has been my gift so far