View Single Post
Old 10-24-2008, 08:40 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Ethrem

So I had a really rough day today. Work was slammed and I was under a lot of stress. I finally had a panic attack that was so bad I thought I was going to have a seizure. I was shaking uncontrollably, my heart rate was astronomical...

Luckily I felt it coming on and had already popped a Xanax. I collapsed outside of my work restroom for about a minute and then the Xanax hit and I stumbled back to my desk where it came back and got worse. Popped another Xanax before I realized that I was starving. Started eating my chicken salad and immediately started to feel better.

I called the on-call doctor at my physician's office and explained what was going on. He said it sounds like my hypoglycemia got really aggravated along with a panic attack. He assured me that from the symptoms I described its highly unlikely I'm heading toward DTs but I'm not sure. I'm just going to take it easy tonight and relax in my room. If it gets out of control again, I'm going to go to the ER but he told me that its fine to just pop Xanax whenever I need to until I'm over this... He said its going to be easier to taper me off the Xanax than to be hospitalized and put through the paces there.

Its day 3. If I can just make it through the weekend, I should be done.

The urge to drink is definitely there and its definitely strong... though something tells me if I give into it, I'm going to go straight into seizures and DTs so I'm going to fight the urge to the end.