View Single Post
Old 10-24-2008, 08:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Pajarito

Angry Still tangled up

I am wondering if any of you have had to deal with this annoying situation? My STBXAH has been out of our house for well over a year and in his own apartment, but he will NOT change his address! I have been responsible for his mail, and I am tired of it. I am going through the process of trying to separate things- including car insurance, and other bills that may be in both our names. I'm finding most of what I want to separate isn't legally going to happen anyway until we are divorced, so getting separate mail seems to be impossible. We still have a joint account (sort of- he's now decided he's not going to put his whole paycheck into the account), because I need his financial help, and until our hearing in November, I am planning to keep it that way.

Really all I want to do is have my mail come to my house, and his mail go to his apartment without me having to be the one who "delivers" his mail. I have asked him numerous times to change his address- of course he won't. I called the post office and found the only thing I can do is write "return to sender" on his mail. I don't want to do anything for him- it's just like when we were together- me doing all the responsible crap. Can anyone tell how crabby I am??? I feel like this situation is just frustrating unless I suck it up and rise above it while I wait for us to be divorced.

Any advice would be great. I am at a loss right now. My account with him is shrinking, because he's keeping most of his money out of it, but I don't know if I should try to use my own account to pay for "our" bills. . . and the mail thing. . . BLAH! I just want to be rid of this man, but I am in limbo until our hearing when a judge will determine how we separate our money and how much I will have each month from STBXAH to work with. Unfortunately I am not able to pay for everything on my own as we have a big mortgage and bills to go with that. Until our house sells it is what it is. Mybe I just need to be patient?