View Single Post
Old 10-20-2008, 07:19 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
sunflower1776

Brother--another thing for you. A previous post said that she needs more than therapy and agreed with the need for inpatient rehab as ou had brought up. I agree--she definitely needs for than therapy to stop drug use as she has used it for years, if she's like most of us, to cover up our feelings and emotions. However, I'm on the fence about inpatient rehab centers. I believe they have true value for some people in that it keeps tham ina safe place while they learn to live life clean, but for other people, they do not learn a thing and the minute they walk out the door they are on their way to the dealer again. Personally speaking in=patient is not for me. I went to a 3 day inpatient detox but that was it. I am working on my recovery through the help of my family, my friends, my psychiatrist (the suboxone doctor) and my therapist. I am in a safe place (moved back in with parents so I could deal wtih what I need to in order to become health again--I am 32). This was the best choice for me. So, the point begin she doesn't absolutely need in-patient rehab, but she does need more than just a weekly therapy session.