View Single Post
Old 10-19-2008, 08:56 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
OhBrother

Sleepygoat: I'd love to have her in a facility. At some of the worst times I called around and the sense I got was that (for the publicly funded ones) spaces were limited, waiting lists were long. Private clinics I looked at didn't advertise their prices, but I can imagine they are hugely expensive. It is something I'm going to raise with her doctor. The rehab clinic I'm helping her get back in two is actually two partners: a doctor who can prescribe methadone for the physical addiction, and her partner who offers therapy.
Baxter:Yep those are the woods I'm heading to. Hope its a nice weekend for taking pictures from the cabin. Sorry to hear about your daughter. 37 huh? How many of those years has she had an addiction? My sister is 29, and while she's lived a pretty irresponsible life since her teenage years, I think its only since her mid 20s she got into serious addiction trouble.
Speaking of cabins, I've often wished I owned one a 100 miles from civilization I could drag my sister to for a year to detox and be away from all the temptations and connections she has in the city. Ah well...if only