View Single Post
Old 10-18-2008, 11:27 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
timzup

Originally Posted by Horselover View Post
What is going on here lately?

Why? Why are people so sensitive lately? Why are we fighting amongst ourselves so much? Why are so MANY experimenting with this disease?

I came to SR in May of this year and it was such an open and welcoming place to be. People came on here and were so overwhelmed with support. They seemed to really reach out for help and took advice from those that had walked in their shoes and they really made an effort to better their situations. There weren't these personal walls that have been built up lately.

I hope this is just a freak thing because I would hate to see people give up on this site. I personally would be lost without it.

In the last couple of hours I have seen 3 people stomp off angry. In the last 24 hours I have seen too many to count leave. I have somebody on SR that I am extremely worried about and she has yet to return.

If people are acting a little harsh on the ones that are still going out its because they have been watching people drop for the last 24 to 48 hours and it puts fear into oneself. You feel a bond with people and when you know why they're here and you watched and read their struggle, its hard to just accept this another part of the disease. I agree with those that are angry with the disease because it isn't fair when it takes our friends and whispers in their ears all the lies they need to hear to give it up.

I had to vent and I hope others will not take it the wrong way. I am not pointing fingers. I am frustrated and I am sad, but I am not blaming the people only the damn disease.

Right, I'm not going to mess about here or bounce silly little jokes around.

I've had a right good read of this thread from start to finish and also read it again. I joined here around September time and really found this place to be the sanctuary I definately needed. In the initial stages of accepting my disease I found histeria was the most effective form of natural defense which provided a reaction to my new found, and indeed, newly accepted condition.

To put it bluntly, I found you guys and was ovewhelmed that I wasn't on my own in this. Throughout my life I have dealt with these situations with comedy and light banter. Or so I thought.

It has never occurred to me what a negative affect I may have been causing to what was once perhaps a completely different......err.... ambience? within your group.

In a nutshell, I would like to be the first to apologise if I have in any way undermined the sincerity or raison d’etre of this entire website though foolish and inappropriate behaviour.

I reckon it would do me a lot of good to read well back to grasp a better understanding of what you guys are all about and hopefully this will influence my conduct in the future.

So, I'm sorry Horselover and all who posted sentiments of agreement to the origonal comment and I humbly ask your forgiveness.

Simon (not Tim)