View Single Post
Old 10-18-2008, 08:29 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Chino

sleepy, I'm still surprised at the ER and when I woke this morning, I was smiling and said "Thank you God!" I know they've heard it all before but they bothered to check her records. I also brought in her discharge papers from the trauma unit, and showed them where it said to contact a doctor no longer there. I think more than anything that proved plans for pain management were in place. They told me that doctor is in her own practice now and out of state. That was the one time I saw them holding back disgust and it wasn't at my daughter's expense. When that ER doc said we're going to find a solution that involves logic, my jaw literally dropped.

Amy, I've learned a lot about pharmacies! To do a partial fill they have to be able to restock in the time you need it; the big chains restock only once a week because of contracts. If you fill with a chain with whatever they have on hand, you lose the rest of the prescription if they can't restock in your time frame. But surprise of all surprises, I found a local pharmacy in my small town that can do a partial fill. They laughed when I said, oh my goodness you're a real pharmacy!

marle, I think you're spot on about it being a lesson in living life clean. My daughter has been so frustrated about this entire experience, beyond the physical trauma. She said she's mad at herself for being in this predicament in the first place. She always knew situations like this were a possibility and here it is.

She's learned about patient advocates now, the complexities of a humongous teaching hospital, and pharmacy limitations. She's also learned a lot about herself.