View Single Post
Old 10-17-2008, 11:29 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Chino

The ER docs were great, I think they're used to this stuff a lot more than the trauma unit. By the time it was my daughter's turn, her blood pressure had dropped to 80 over 55, was freezing and shaking. They got her started right away on a drip and blood work, then listened while I talked because my daughter no longer could.

They just kept shaking their heads and said she should be in pain about a total of six weeks, meaning four more weeks of this at most. They said they'd call the psych unit Monday and try to negotiate getting her into pain management before the usual month. They dosed her and gave her a 10 day prescription, said to come back if no one can or will take on her pain management before then. They were so kind and understanding it was almost surreal.

Now the challenge is filling this prescription, because hardly anyone outside of a hospital pharmacy carries large quantities like this. Being the weekend, almost all of our local hospital pharmacies are closed!

Marle, if your daughter is still on subs, I hope the ER took that into account. The ER docs tonight were horrified when they saw how many narcotics were being pumped into my daughter in the trauma unit before the subs were gone from her system.

Prayers for Megan, I can almost see her pain. I saw it on the face of my daughter.

I have to say it again, what a mess!