View Single Post
Old 10-17-2008, 02:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Chino

Update on my daughter

She's snoozing right now, before we head to the ER.

She's officially out of pain killers and withdrawals are going to start soon. Not a good thing when she's still having legitimate pain (acknowledged by the ortho dept) and her jaw is wired shut for at least two more weeks. If she vomits from nausea during withdrawals they have to cut the wires, then do it all over again.

Every dept. I spoke with that treated her has said they can't prescribe any more pain meds because of her addiction. The follow up psych doctor the trauma team referred her to has been gone from this hospital since the beginning of summer. No one knows why this doctor was referred in the first place and can't figure out who would replace her.

So here we are, in the eye of the hurricane. Caught between a rock and a hard place, as the ortho team said. All they can suggest is that she goes to the ER for more pain meds and take it from there.

On a really bright note, she didn't abuse her meds even one time, and still wants to detox when her legitimate pain is gone. According to just about everyone, that is in about two weeks. Can't find any sense in detoxing when she's still in pain.

If you have any extra prayers to spare, she could use them. I'm praying for the correct solution, whatever it may be.