View Single Post
Old 10-15-2008, 07:32 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
sunflower1776

Bman--haven't seen you post on here in a few days--how is everything going? Please write when you can and give us an update.. Also, I agree with what krait said-_i have heard awful things about methadone though neve been on it myself. However I'm on suboxone and it really is a great drug. It keeps the cravings and the left over withdrawal symptoms from creeping up. You can stay on it for a long period or short period of time--though longer periods of times lead to better outcomes in the long run. the withdrawal from subs can be brutal from what I hear, but if you have a good doc and talk with people who are experienced, they will all help you come off of subs when the time is right. Remember though, medication, if you choose to use it, is only a tool . You need to know what you are going to do to change the behaviors that got you here in the first place. As for me I'm seeing a therapist and a psychiatrist plus trying to find some face-to-face support groups for mental health and addiction. I hope you're doing well!!!