View Single Post
Old 10-12-2008, 10:20 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Done_With_It
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Originally Posted by grateful2b View Post
CMC and H&P, thank you for that check...

gosh, I do not mean to say that my suffering is greater than any other addicts...

just pointing to the practical reality of my personal experience in the ongoing the relationship between the addict and the codie, ......and that because in the relationship, we do work through it sober while they are medicated, thus making it a more raw pain for the codie from my point of view....

I think once an addict chooses sobriety, my hats off because I believe for me *that* was the most difficult and painful thing I had gone through ......in fighting my addiction to my DOC...

for me suffering is suffering...
Yea, everyone's pain is unique to their own. Some addicts are in enough pain to take their own lives, that's where I was, some just don't seem care.
I think what it all boils down to, we are all really in this together just in our own unique ways.
Kind of nice that we have places like SR where we can learn to how to fight the battle together.... :ghug3
I think addiction makes anyone it touches a much stronger person in the end. :ghug2